1. His real name is Aubrey Graham. Drake is actually his middle name; he was born on October 24, 1986, in Toronto, Ontario.
2. Drake’s parents divorced when he was five years old. After the divorce, he and his mother remained in Toronto, while his father returned to Memphis.
3. His father worked as a drummer, performing alongside rock and roll’s first great wild man Jerry Lee Lewis.
4. At 15, eager to begin as an actor, a high school friend introduced Drake to an agent that found Drake a role on Canadian teen drama series Degrassi: The Next Generation. Drake portrayed Jimmy Brooks, a basketball star who became physically disabled, after a classmate shot him.
5. Drake released his debut studio album Thank Me Later in 2010 which debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200.
6. Drake’s paternal uncles are bass guitarist Larry Graham (Sly and the Family Stone, Graham Central Station and Prince) and musician Teenie Hodges (Al Green, Ann Peebles and Syl Johnson).
7. His fourth album, Views (2016), broke several chart records. The album sat atop the Billboard 200 for 13 non-consecutive weeks, becoming the first album by a male solo artist to do so in over 10 years.
8. Drake holds several Billboard chart records. He has the most charted songs (186) among solo artists in the history of the Billboard Hot 100, the most simultaneously charted Hot 100 songs in a single week (27), the most time on the Hot 100 (431 weeks).
9. Drake, along with being a record producer under the pseudonym Champagne Papi, has also written songs for other artists, including Alicia Keys (‘Un-Thinkable (I’m Ready)’), Rita Ora (“’R.I.P.’), Jamie Foxx and Trey Songz.
10. Drake has won three Juno Awards, six American Music Awards, a record thirteen Billboard Music Awards, and is one of the most popular and best-selling artists of all time, with over 200 million estimated global sales.
11. Drake has cited several hip-hop artists as influencing his rapping style, including Kanye West, Jay Z, and Lil Wayne,
12. Drake for popularizing the phrase ‘YOLO’ in the United States, with his single, ‘The Motto’, which includes, ‘You only live once: that’s the motto, nigga, YOLO.’
13. June 10 was declared ‘Drake Day’ in Houston, Texas.
14. An Italian chef has immortalized Drake, along with some of the biggest rap icons in the world, in sushi form. Dark seaweed makes up his hair and beard, and his skin is made of white rice.
15. Drake is a father to son Adonis, who was born on October 11, 2017, to French artist and former adult actress Sophie Brussaux.
16. Drake is the highest-certified singles artist ever in the United States, with 142 million total units sold and holds the record for most singles gaining platinum certification in one day, with 55.
17. In 2016, Drake was the world’s most popular recording artist. He had the year’s bestselling single with “One Dance” and Views was the world’s third best-selling album.
18. Business magazine Forbes commented his endorsement deals and business partnerships “combined heavily” for Drake’s reported pre-tax earnings at $94 million between June 2016 to June 2017, being one of the highest-paid celebrities during that period.
19. Drake collaborated with the creator of DeLeon Tequila to launch his own whiskey, Virginia Black. When the whiskey hit LCBO (Ontario’s liquor stores) in September 2016, it set a single day sales record moving 1779 bottles.
20. Drake has a unique ethnic and religious background. His father is an African-American Catholic, and his mother is white, Canadian and Jewish.